Diabetes is one of the most common chronic noncommunicable diseases and the most common endocrine disease, characterized by disorders of the entire metabolism (especially carbohydrates) and complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves and blood vessels. Diabetes mellitus is of 2 types: type 1 and type 2.
In type 1 or insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, the pancreas no longer secretes insulin or secretes a very small amount, insufficient to keep blood sugar within normal limits, requiring insulin injection. This type of diabetes usually begins in young people. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide or NMN is from the nucleotides family. The nucleotides are those organic modules that are found in maximum food items that we consume. Choosing the right nmn powder manufacturer is important for the proper treatment.
- Type 1 diabetes is found in 5% to 10% of cases of diagnosed diabetes. Autoimmune, genetic and environmental factors are decisively involved in the occurrence of this type of diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes is not insulin dependent, most patients with this condition can carry out their daily activities normally when they manage to control their blood sugar level through exercise, proper diet and hypoglycemic medication.
For Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes is found in 90% to 95% of cases of diagnosed diabetes.
- Risk factors for type 2 diabetes include: old age, obesity, previous cases of diabetes in the family, diabetes in pregnancy, glucose intolerance, physical inactivity,
- race (African Americans, Hispanics / Latin Americans, Native Americans, and some Native Americans). Asians have a predisposition to type 2 diabetes).
In the early stages of the disease, blood sugar levels rise very slowly, so the patient is asymptomatic. One third of patients with diabetes do not know they have the disease.
Symptoms of diabetes include:
- polyuria (urination in larger quantities)
- polyphagia (increased appetite)
- weight loss
Other signs of diabetes:
- numerous infections or slow wound healing
- blurred vision
- tingling or numbness in the limbs
- numerous skin or urinary tract infections
Some patients who already have other serious chronic diseases are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Over time, kidney, eye, cardiovascular and nervous complications can occur.
Alarm signs of these complications:
- Numbness, tingling, pain, burning, swelling of the upper or lower limbs (diabetic neuropathy).
- Blurred, distorted or bright or dark spots in the visual field, partial or total vision loss or the sensation of “seeing through a wave” (diabetic retinopathy).
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing: these may be signs of heart or vascular problems.
Once diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, the team of physicians must develop an individualized treatment plan. Treatment usually includes proper diet, exercise program, weight loss, blood glucose monitoring and if needed drug treatment. A good cooperation with the specialist helps the patient to keep the disease under control and to prevent the occurrence of serious complications. Over time, the secretory capacity of the endocrine pancreas becomes increasingly insufficient, so that secreted insulin can no longer keep blood sugar within normal limits. But other than that the NR powder and the NMN powder is also available now that work as perfect supplement options. You can choose the best nr powder manufacturer for the same.