Our digestive tract is home to microorganisms, including bacteria and yeasts, and gut health is all about balancing microorganisms in the gut, which is critical for our health. Most microbes naturally found in the gut is essential, and there are foods that you can eat to boost gut health. There are also brands like Global Glow that have immune-boosting and gut-supporting supplements, which can be considered. In this post, we are sharing 7 amazing tips that will come in handy for supporting gut health.
- Include probiotics. The popularity of probiotic supplements has increased considerably in recent years, and the simplest form of probiotic that you can have is curd or yogurt. In case you are someone who doesn’t tolerate dairy products well, go for fermented foods and veggies. The classic kimchi is a good example.
- Prebiotics are as important. People often forget that prebiotics are as important as probiotics, and you need to include some of these foods in your diet. Good examples include garlic, bananas and selected whole grains.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar and sugary foods are not good for your health or your gut- Period. Make sure that you don’t consume a lot of sugar in any form, and that also includes artificial sweeteners. Besides upsetting your guy, excessive sugar has been related to lifestyle diseases by most studies.
- Find ways to manage stress. We understand that this is easier said than done, but you need to reduce your daily stress, which can impact your body in many ways, including an effect on gut health. Simple things like doing deep breathing and yoga can help, and you can also do some form of meditation.
- Be smart about using antibiotics. Antibiotics are often necessary to fight bacterial infection, but you have to find ways of reducing intake, because antibiotics do also impact bacteria living in the gut. Talk to your doctor if you can avoid antibiotics for a condition, and ensure that you don’t take them often.
- Believe it or not, exercise is good for gut health, and it also comes in handy for controlling weight and obesity. Make sure that you exercise at least four times a week and for one hour each day. Even 45 minutes of walking can make a huge difference.
- Quit smoking. Smokers probably hear the advice every day, but smoking does impact your gut health adversely and should be avoided. Try and quit as soon as you can.
Check for probiotic and gut health supplements now!