Many unknown aspects in the modern dental industry affect dental implant costs.
Whether it’s the car’s make and country of manufacture, OMV/COE pricing, or fuel-efficiency, you want to know exactly what you’re paying for when you purchase a vehicle. So naturally, the price of a custom-built Bugatti La Voiture Noire will be substantially higher than that of a Chery QQ sedan.
- The same openness does not apply to Singapore’s dental implant prices. So why do dental implants in Singapore range in price from $1250 to $15,000?
- What specifically do you receive for the costs associated with your dental implant?
- How many Medisave benefits can you get?
You may use the information in this post to make a more informed choice regarding dental implants in Singapore by learning all the insider pricing details for dental implants that only dentists know of.
What are the average dental implant prices in Singapore?
For a normal regular non-complex case, completed by a dental surgeon with experience in dental implant surgery, dental implant expenses in Singapore range from roughly $4000 to $6000 overall.
As of 2019, you pay up to $1250 for one dental implant claimable under Medisave.
The Ministry of Health website also gives a general idea of Singapore dental implant prices. As of 2019, private clinics charge between $2000 and $4815, while public hospitals charge between $1600 and $1944 for each surgical implant fixture implantation.
These prices are just for the implant operation; they do not include all the other expenses that are listed for you below ( note: not all cases would require all the steps and treatment below)
Why do dental implant prices differ so widely?
In Singapore, a single dental implant may cost anything from $1250 to $15,000.
The breakdown above shows that adding procedures can drastically raise costs (e.g. whether bone grafting is needed).
Other elements that influence the overall price you pay include:
- Your expectations in terms of appearance: Do you favour a faultless, natural-looking outcome over a practical “tooth replacement”?
- Your dentist: A highly skilled and experienced dentist with the necessary postgraduate training and certification may be considerably more expensive.
- Lab costs and parts for prosthetics: As opposed to cutting expenses by employing subpar laboratories and components or bypassing the prescribed features, current dental labs use advanced computerised modelling and crafting the necessary dental implant materials!
- Made in India versus European or Korean brands of dental implants
- Options for sedation include local anaesthesia, IV sedation, and general anaesthesia.
As you can see, there is no one dental implant surgery that works for everyone.
Why are some dental implants so affordable in Singapore?
Mini-implants are often the least expensive dental implants you see offered in Singapore.
The average cost of a little dental implant procedure ranges from $700 to $1500. However, these operations are less expensive because they are only used for relatively clear conditions.
Dental implants that are “regular” are NOT replaced by “mini” implants. Traditional dental implants have a greater surface area to attach to your bone, making them considerably stronger.
We have no idea how certain dental offices in the Midwest can charge as little as $2000 for traditional dental implants with crowns when they don’t properly go by optimal clinical and prosthetic requirements. We can only speculate as to why.
Can I use Medisave for dental implants?
- $1250 for one dental implant
- $7500 for eight dental implants
For one dental implant, you can typically claim up to $1250 in Medisave as of 2019, with a cap of $7500 for eight implants.
No dentist can ensure that a Medisave claim will be successful. The MOH must still approve the final claimable amount before we can do anything more than submitting the request.
Bring your Singaporean Identity Card to file a Medisave claim to show that you are a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident. The clinic personnel will handle the remainder, including submitting all required paperwork.