Are you wondering if potatoes have anything to do with having good skin? Well, you may be surprised to find out more! Following their tremendous benefits to the body when orally consumed as foods, they also offer spectacular skin remedies.
- Tan removal and even complexion: You can grate your potatoes and squeeze out the juice. Graciously rub the juice on the part with an uneven pigmentation that needs blending. Leave for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Reduction of Dark circles: Potato juice can be combined with rock salt and lemon juice and properly blended. This mix is to be gently rub on the dark patches around the eye, and allowed to rest for 15 minutes before it is washed off. Alternatively, you can use about 1 tablespoonful of potato juice and apply it to the affected area.
- Reduce aging effect around the eye: Some dermatologists recommend potato juice under their eyes, because of its properties to make the skin around the eyes firm, thereby improving the youthful look and reducing wrinkles.
- Brightening mask: To brighten up the face and make it glow, apply about 1-2 tablespoonful of potato juice to your face, using the tips of your finger. For the utmost result, give it 15 minutes before you wash it off. After a few more times of using this DIY remedy, you will notice a bright skin. Some people report that it could also enhance skin moisture, owing to the potassium content.
- To remove aging marks and spots: Extract the juice from your grated potatoes and add a tablespoon of potato pulp and fuller’s earth each. Mix gently. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Grab a paper to read, or you can just sit and listen to the music play for about 15 to 20 minutes. After the time elapses, rinse with water. With consistency over a few days, you should see improvements on the age-patched skin.
- Reviving tired eyes: Cucumbers are usually used for this. However, in the absence of cucumbers, potatoes would also suffice. They can revive tired eyes by slicing them the usual way you would for cucumbers and place it over closed eyelids. Leave for 10 to 15 mins. Some recommend that keeping the slices in the fridge before applying them can be even more soothing.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Potato juice offers benefits of anti-inflammation that can ease the tension around tightened skin areas.
- Bug bite relief? Although medically unproven, it is believed that potatoes can help reduce the rash and itchy effect of bug bites on the skin. A slice of potato set over the bite should ease the itchiness in about five mins or less.